OVWmania features live reports every week on the best independent wrestling promotion in the world, Ohio Valley Wrestling. Based in Louisville, Kentucky, this is where the future happens, and has for nearly 30 years. Since “Nightmare” Danny Davis founded OVW in 1993, the company has had a hand in the training of John Cena, Randy Orton, Brock Lesnar, CM Punk, Batista, Mickie James, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Shawn Spears, Bobby Lashley, The Miz, John Morrison, Kofi Kingston, Mr. Kennedy, Brian Myers, Matt Cardona, Shelton Benjamin, Beth Phoenix, Nick "Eugene" Dinsmore, Ruby Soho, Mark Henry, and many more!

OVW Champions (As of 6/22/23)

OVW Champions (As of 6/22/23)
OVW Champions (As of 6/22/23)

Twitter

OVWmania on Facebook

Thursday, May 1, 2014

2 Year Anniversary Q&A feat. Chris Sharpe!

BC: What are some of your hobbies outside of the ring?
CS: I like to hang out with my wife. I play Xbox or turn on WWE Network when I get a little free time, usually just before bed. I'm a full time manager of 25 employees. I like to think of storylines and character ideas other people can use for wrestling. I go to zoos.

BC: I know that you enjoy trips to England, Disney, and Virginia for different reasons, but which place is your favorite to visit, and are there any other places you haven't been that you'd like to travel to?
CS: You really can't compare anything to home if you rarely see home, but the actual area of my home (Richmond, VA) isn't somewhere I want to live for the rest of my life, so I would say Florida. I like Orlando and the beaches there, and I would pretty much like to chill at all of them at some point.

BC: What do you want to accomplish in your career?
CS: I wanna be the old guy that still does this. Not to cling to my spot or anything, but more so to eventually be the guy others trying to learn this craft look up to.

BC: After you accomplish all the goals above, a movie is made on the story of your life. Who plays Chris Sharpe in the film?
CS: Probably Michael Cera (This is the End, Arrested Devlopment, Superbad) 


BC: Who's your celebrity crush?
CS: Jennifer Aniston, Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, Holly Blossom of wrestling's The Blossom Twins.


BC: What's your go-to song or music artist when you're riding to a show?
CS: Haha. Actually there are a lot of times we'll turn on Pandora and just get something with a beat to joke around and make our own lyrics to. I like anything from current, ridiculous hip hop that isn't really even singing to anything dating back to the 20s. Rap, Country, Pop, pretty much anything that could make me envision a wrestling character.

BC: Who from the OVW locker room would you be embarrassed to be around in public because they tell the worst jokes?
CS: Myself...or Lovely Lylah.

BC: Who from the OVW locker room would you call first if you were broke down on the side of the road and needed help?
CS: Paredyse, Jamin, Hayes, Silvio, BodyGuy...anyone really.

BC: What ability or skill do you wish you had (that you don't already)?
CS: The ability to get a job with WWE or TNA. Hahaha.

NAME ASSOCIATION (What's the first thing you think of when you hear these names):

Josh Ashcraft: Lazy, Punk, Kid

Danny Davis: Opportunity, Respect, Old School

Chris Silvio: My Brother, The best times in Rip's Class

Jamin Olivencia: Buddy, Passionate, Wise

Blossom Twins: Hot Mommas

BC: Do you have a favorite sports team?
CS: Washington Redskins, Atlanta Braves, VCU, Dale Earnhart (Sr.), Nationals, Richmond Renegades.


BC: Finally, do you have anything you would like to say to the fans reading this interview?
CS: I love to interact with you guys @RefChrisSharpe, other than that I would like to plug Rip Rogers who taught me how to move in the ring, built up my confidence and made me realize all of the different ways I could use my brain in the ring to make the matches better and think for other people. Danny Davis for allowing me in his ring for almost 6 years and putting me in the spotlight. Al Snow and Jim Cornette who I learned so much from, so much more than just being able to ref a match. Plug Jamin who just did Smackdown last week, plug Mike Mondo for the same. Plug Silvio for his awesome podcast, way better than mine. Plug the Blossoms for getting out of wrestling before they weren't fans of it anymore. Plug Paredyse for being an artistic genius. Plug Tapa and Red for being so humble and hard working. Plug Ali and Adam Revolver for keeping pure wrestling alive on OVW TV. Plug the BodyGuy for working hard to get a lot of reaction out of the fans for a couple years now and is finally wrestling on TV. Plug Timmy D for doin' his thing. Plug Stephon for getting injured 600 miles away from family, not being able to wrestle, and still showing up to each and every event. Plug the newer faces of our show, Bud Dwight, J Best & Deonta, Bostic & Mexicutioner, Marcus Anthony, Skywalkers, Dapper Dan, Jordan the ref, Flash, Shiloh, Tony, Raul and all of the production people who the fans never see. The point is there are STILL too many things to plug around here and OVW is going to continue to produce the future of wrestling & sports entertainment.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks again to "Package" Chris Sharpe for taking time out of his busy schedule to answer these questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment