OVWmania features live reports every week on the best independent wrestling promotion in the world, Ohio Valley Wrestling. Based in Louisville, Kentucky, this is where the future happens, and has for nearly 30 years. Since “Nightmare” Danny Davis founded OVW in 1993, the company has had a hand in the training of John Cena, Randy Orton, Brock Lesnar, CM Punk, Batista, Mickie James, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Shawn Spears, Bobby Lashley, The Miz, John Morrison, Kofi Kingston, Mr. Kennedy, Brian Myers, Matt Cardona, Shelton Benjamin, Beth Phoenix, Nick "Eugene" Dinsmore, Ruby Soho, Mark Henry, and many more!

OVW Champions (As of 6/22/23)

OVW Champions (As of 6/22/23)
OVW Champions (As of 6/22/23)

Twitter

OVWmania on Facebook

Thursday, May 9, 2013

OVWmania 1YA Q&A: Heidi Lovelace

Today's Q&A is with OVW Femme Fatale Heidi Lovelace. You can find her on twitter @VintageHeidi. Thanks again to Heidi for participating in OVWmania's 1-Year Anniversary Q&A.

1. Who were your favorite wrestlers growing up?
I didn't watch much wrestling growing up, but when I did, the people I paid special attention to were Chris Jericho & Shawn Michaels, but most of all, the guy I loved to hate the most was the late Eddie Guerrero.

2. When did you decide you wanted to be a pro wrestler?
I watched a few friends become independent wrestlers when I was about 15. The summer of my freshman year of college, I went to a childhood friend's cancer benefit show and immediately took an interest in training. By the first day, I was sore, but had fallen in love with the sport.

3. Who has helped you most in the industry?
There have been so many influential people throughout my career, but the one person that has had more faith in me than anyone is my trainer, Billy Roc. He introduced me to more aspects of professional wrestling than I even knew existed. He is the reason I am the person/wrestler I am today.

4. Who do you enjoy working with in the ring the most?
That's a tough one. There are so many people I like to work with for so many reasons. I honestly can't narrow it down to one person. I learn different styles from different people and try to take away everything I can out of it.

5. What is your favorite match that you've been in?
My favorite match has to be from National Pro Wrestling Day, Myself and Devin Bliss vs. Tripp Cassidy and Reed Bentley, representing the promotion by the name of Wrestling is Heart. I got the crap kicked out of me for a good portion of it, but I've come to learn that, that is what I am best at. The crowd was so electric and there were so many talented people involved, that it was truly a momentous point in my career.

6. If you weren’t wrestling, what do you think your second career choice would be?
In college I could not keep my mind made up on a major for more than a semester, but I knew I wanted to be involved in teaching. My mom was a teacher while I was growing up, and I knew that if I could help people and still show my creativity, that it was the job for me.

7. What’s your favorite food?
Favorite food is COOKIES! No matter what kind or how many, they never last long in my house.

8. What kind of music are you into?
I like a lot of different kinds of music, it really all depends on the mood I'm in. Except country, no offense, but it's just not for me.

9. Favorite movies and/or actors?
I love horror movies, especially anything created by Rob Zombie, House of 1000 Corpses and Devils Rejects. I like movies that make you think too, Usual Suspects, Snatch, Inception, all that good stuff.

10. Any secret talents?
I guess a secret talent that most people don't know is that I used to be a Rock Climbing instructor when I was in college. I guess you could say I'm an a adrenaline junkie!

No comments:

Post a Comment