OVWmania features live reports every week on the best independent wrestling promotion in the world, Ohio Valley Wrestling. Based in Louisville, Kentucky, this is where the future happens, and has for nearly 30 years. Since “Nightmare” Danny Davis founded OVW in 1993, the company has had a hand in the training of John Cena, Randy Orton, Brock Lesnar, CM Punk, Batista, Mickie James, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Shawn Spears, Bobby Lashley, The Miz, John Morrison, Kofi Kingston, Mr. Kennedy, Brian Myers, Matt Cardona, Shelton Benjamin, Beth Phoenix, Nick "Eugene" Dinsmore, Ruby Soho, Mark Henry, and many more!

OVW Champions (As of 6/22/23)

OVW Champions (As of 6/22/23)
OVW Champions (As of 6/22/23)

Twitter

OVWmania on Facebook

Friday, April 30, 2021

OVWmania 9-Year Anniversary!

Hey Ohio Valley Wrestling & OVWmania fans!

    Thank you so much for making OVWmania the place to check out some of the latest news and results for all OVW live TV shows and Saturday Night Specials! I can't believe that something that came to be by accident has been around now for 9 years. When I started doing this on May 1, 2012, my one and only goal was to help promote OVW's product and the superstars who bust their tail trying to make a name for themselves in the sport. A lot of changes happened over the last 9 years for both OVW and myself. OVW has had deals with IMPACT wrestling, had changes in ownership from Danny Davis to Al Snow and now Matt Jones and Kentucky Sports Radio being heavily invested, a change of nights from the Wednesday Night Tradition to a new Tuesday Night Tradition and now beginning a Thursday Night Tradition starting next week, plus the talent that has entered and exited the doors of the beloved Davis Arena. For me, I started "the blog" by accident, reporting to a website about what was happening with guys like Rob Terry, Rockstar Spud, & Jessie Godderz who were working in OVW while also appearing on IMPACT, I started coming to the Davis Arena when I was 25 years old and single and I am now 35 and married with a 4 year old daughter, and I got my Masters degree and became a high school Algebra I teacher in that span.

    I would also like to send special thanks to Terry Boddie for always shouting out my blog at shows, Gilbert Corsey for always giving a nod to my reports, Eric Cornish for his assistance with some of the names of new superstars, as well as several superstars/referees/managers who have supported the blog and/or given interviews including Josh Ashcraft, Chris Sharpe, Jamin Olivencia, Justin Smooth, Tony Gunn, Jessie Godderz, Cliff Compton, Colton Cage, Dustin Jackson, Stephon Smith, Randy Terrez, Bud Dwight, the Mexicutioner, Heidi (Ruby Riott) Lovelace, Brandon Espinosa, Randy Royal, James "Moose" Thomas, the Blossom Twins, Sam (Dexter Lumis) Shaw, and many more!

    Plus, there is more exciting news coming around the corner! I do not have all the details yet, but keep your eyes on OVWmania here on the blog (ovwmania.blogspot.com), on Twitter (@TheBrianCannon), and on Facebook (facebook.com/ovwmaniabc). Also, peep the new OVWmania logo to celebrate our 9th year!

No comments:

Post a Comment