OVWmania features live reports every week on the best independent wrestling promotion in the world, Ohio Valley Wrestling. Based in Louisville, Kentucky, this is where the future happens, and has for nearly 30 years. Since “Nightmare” Danny Davis founded OVW in 1993, the company has had a hand in the training of John Cena, Randy Orton, Brock Lesnar, CM Punk, Batista, Mickie James, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Shawn Spears, Bobby Lashley, The Miz, John Morrison, Kofi Kingston, Mr. Kennedy, Brian Myers, Matt Cardona, Shelton Benjamin, Beth Phoenix, Nick "Eugene" Dinsmore, Ruby Soho, Mark Henry, and many more!

OVW Champions (As of 6/22/23)

OVW Champions (As of 6/22/23)
OVW Champions (As of 6/22/23)

Twitter

OVWmania on Facebook

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

7th Anniversary Special: Interview With Justin Smooth

Hello friends and fans of OVWmania! I am so excited to be here for OVWmania's 7th Anniversary, and even more excited to have scored an exclusive interview with the current OVW Heavyweight Champion, Justin Smooth! You will also see that I have created an updated logo for my 7th year above. Without wasting any more time, let's get to it...

Brian Cannon: First of all, thanks for joining me for this exclusive interview for OVWmania's 7th Anniversary!
JUSTIN SMOOTH: No problem man.

BC: Having done OVWmania for 7 years, I have seen you wrestle since you first stepped foot in OVW. What was it like to finally win the big one, the OVW Heavyweight Title?
JS: It was a tremendous feeling, somewhat surreal. Since day one, before even moving out to KY to wrestle for OVW, I knew I was going to be the Heavyweight champion one day.

BC: Some may say you stole a win to earn the title. How would you respond to the haters?
JS: Every person will have their own perception of how I obtained my win. The only thing that matters to me is that my name is etched in OVW history and I'm the new champion. Its a new ERA.

BC: Is there a wrestler or wrestlers that influenced your career?
JS: The Rock, hands down.

BC: What have some of your favorite matches been?
JS: Going up against guys I watched on TV when I was younger like Billy Gunn, Tommy Dreamer, & Abyss.

BC: What are your thoughts on the combine put together by Al Snow and what it means for the wrestling business? Any advice you would give to the participants?
JS: It's a great initiative to scout potential athletes and sports entertainers. I intend on competing in it just to challenge myself as well! I ADVISE everyone to bring their A game. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity that can actually change a person's life!

BC: What wrestler do you think is a star on the rise in OVW?
JS: Me of course..."The Trinidad Titan" Justin Smooth.

BC: It was announced that the largest gauntlet match in history would take place at OVW’s 100th SNS. How do you prepare for something of that magnitude, not knowing who all you might face or when you will enter?
JS: I grew up in Trinidad and Brooklyn, NY. Nothing will compare to that. I'm ready for anything at anytime. That's been my mindset since March 26, 2016.

BC: What is the next goal now that you have the company’s top prize around your waist?
JS: What more do you want MAN!? I'm not going to sit here and tell you guys everything. Just stay tuned and keep an eye out on OVW and The Titan!

No comments:

Post a Comment